KSM-66® is an Award Winning Herb
Sports Nutrition Ingredient of the year, by The NutraIngredients Asia 2018
Recipient of “SFE-Herbal Industry Leader Award” 2016
Frost & Sullivan 2014 “Product Innovation in Botanicals” award“
Best Botanical Ingredient” award for 2013 at Natural Products Expo West“
Innovative Ingredient of the Year” award for 2012 at Panacea.
What is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha is a small shrub plant with yellow flowers that’s native to India and North Africa.Its botanical name is Withania somnifera, and is also known by several other names, including Indian ginseng and winter cherry. Ashwagandha is one of the most powerful herbs in Ayurvedic healing, a form of alternative medicine based on Indian principles of natural healing. Ashwagandha has been used for over 3,000 years to help relieve stress, increase energy levels, and improve concentration.
What is KSM-66® Ashwagandha?
KSM-66® Ashwagandha is a peer-patented clinical based ingredient, created via a process that took 14 years of R&D to develop and refine. It is a branded full-spectrum root extract, with the highest percentage of withanolides (active compounds) compared to any other root-only extract, measuring over 5% by HPLC. A “full-spectrum" extract includes the highest percentage of all the plant's chemicals and compounds, without affecting the natural ratio of these constituents present in the plant. KSM-66® has the highest potency and bioavailability of Ashwagandha on the market today. It is the highest clinically studied version of Ashwagandha, supported with 22 gold standard human clinical trials, further proving its efficacy.
Supplementing with KSM-66® Ashwagandha has been shown to reduce anxiety, fatigue, boost mood, enhance brain health and reduce inflammation. It is produced using a first of its kind unique extraction process, based on “Green Chemistry” principles, without using any synthetic solvents or alcohol. The producer of KSM-66® is the only Ashwagandha manufacturer in the world with their own farms, production facilities, testing laboratories, research centre and distribution.
The Issue with other Ashwagandha products?
The Ashwagandha market is full with products containing the plants’ leaf compounds, which can have a negative effect on the body due to the high levels of toxicity. A number of Ashwagandha supplements have also been exposed to not contain the levels of validated compounds as suggested on the label, which jeopardises efficacy. Earths Secret guarantees 600mg of KSM-66® Ashwagandha inside each daily dose. This is the optimal dose for ultimate efficacy.
Why we use KSM-66® Ashwagandha in our Calm Complex?
KSM-66® Ashwagandha is the highest concentration, most bioavailable full-spectrum root extract on the market. We keep the same ratio of effective nutrients as the ground root in a more concentrated form and derived only from the roots of the plant. This is 100% safe and with no toxicity risk.
- Anxiolytic-antidepressant activity of Withania somnifera glycowithanolides: an experimental study. Phytomedicine : international journal of phytotherapy and phytopharmacology, 7(6) Bhattacharya, S. K., Bhattacharya, A., Sairam, K., & Ghosal, S. (2000).
- Adaptogenic and Anxiolytic Effects of Ashwagandha Root Extract in Healthy Adults: A Double-blind, Randomized, Placebo-controlled Clinical Study. Salve, J., Pate, S., Debnath, K., & Langade, D. (2019).
- Cholinesterase inhibiting withanolides from Withania somnifera. Chemical & pharmaceutical bulletin, Choudhary, M. I., Yousuf, S., Nawaz, S. A., Ahmed, S., & Atta-ur-Rahman (2004).
- Effect of standardized aqueous extract of Withania somnifera on tests of cognitive and psychomotor performance in healthy human participants. Pharmacognosy research, 6(1), 12–18. Pingali, U., Pilli, R., & Fatima, N. (2014).
- A prospective, randomized double-blind, placebo-controlled study of safety and efficacy of a high-concentration full-spectrum extract of ashwagandha root in reducing stress and anxiety in adults. Indian journal of psychological medicine, 34(3), 255–262. Chandrasekhar, K., Kapoor, J., & Anishetty, S. (2012)
- Efficacy of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera [L.] Dunal) in improving cardiorespiratory endurance in healthy athletic adults . Ayu, 36(1), 63. Choudhary, B., Shetty, A., & Langade, D. G. (2015)
- Examining the effect of Withania somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: a randomised controlled trial Wankhede. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 12(1), 43. S., Langade, D., Joshi, K., Sinha, S. R., & Bhattacharyya, S. (2015)
- Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Root Extract in Improving Sexual Function in Women: A Pilot Study Dongre,BioMed research international, 2015. S., Langade, D., & Bhattacharyya, S. (2015).
- Body Weight Management in Adults Under Chronic Stress Through Treatment With Ashwagandha Root Extract: A Double-Blind, Randomised, Placebo-Controlled Trial). Journal of evidence-based complementary & alternative medicine, 22(1), 96-106. Choudhary, D., Bhattacharyya, S., & Joshi, K. (2017)
- Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera (L.) Dunal) Root Extract in Improving Memory and Cognitive Functions). Journal of Dietary Supplements, 1-14. Chicago Choudhary, D., Bhattacharyya, S., & Bose, S. (2017)
- Withania somnifera root extract extends lifespan of Caenorhabditis elegans . Annals of neurosciences, 20(1), 13. Kumar, R., Gupta, K., Saharia, K., Pradhan, D., & Subramaniam, J. R. (2013)
- Withania somnifera Root Extract Enhances Telomerase Activity in the Human HeLa Cell Advances in Bioscience and Biotechnology, 7(04), 199. Line Raguraman, V., & Subramaniam, J. R. (2016).
- Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha Root Extract in Subclinical Hypothyroid Patients: A Double-Blind, Randomised Placebo-Controlled Trial.. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. Sharma, A. K., Basu, I., & Singh, S. (2017)
- Evidence-based efficacy of adaptogens in fatigue, and molecular mechanisms related to their stress-protective activity. Panossian A, Wikman G. Curr Clin Pharmacol. 2009;4:198–219.
- A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Study Examining the Hormonal and Vitality Effects of Ashwagandha ( Withania somnifera) in Aging, Overweight Males. American journal of men's health, 13(2) Lopresti, A. L., Drummond, P. D., & Smith, S. J. (2019).
- An alternative treatment for anxiety: a systematic review of human trial results reported for the Ayurvedic herb ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). Journal of alternative and complementary medicine (New York, N.Y.), 20(12), 901–908. Pratte, M. A., Nanavati, K. B., Young, V., & Morley, C. P. (2014).